Mental Health Therapist; Manitoba (New applicants always welcome, even if we aren’t actively onboarding. We will add your application to our files and consider you when we are looking to onboard new clinicians.)
Work From Home – Independent Contractor
About My Student Wellbeing: Here at My Student Wellbeing, we believe in reducing the barriers to mental health services for post-secondary students through education and accessibility. We strive to contribute to a normalization of mental health services in society to allow every individual to feel comfortable seeking help when they need. We recognize how therapy can have a profound impact on someone’s life, leading to lifelong positive changes. We are a fully virtual platform that aims to make it convenient for students to receive services from you, a passionate and empathetic therapist, to better their lives. We would love to have you in our network so we can work together towards the vision of normalized and accessible mental health services.
Do you remember being a university student? A time in life where the world was your oyster, except you had to try to figure out how to navigate the stressors, expectations, and unexpected events while juggling exams, socializing, and holding a part time job. It sure was overwhelming. You were in those shoes. With your clinical experience and welcoming personality, you can now help post-secondary students navigate the various aspects of being a student and young adult.
Position Overview: My Student Wellbeing is seeking to onboard independent private therapists to provide virtual clinical, community based counselling to clients from the comfort of your home. Clinical counselling services include treatment of individuals aged 17+. We are currently looking for therapists to provide services in a broad range of areas, including but not limited to, depression, anxiety, exam stress, relationship difficulties, uncertainty around the future, handling high expectations, dealing with self-esteem, and engaging in substance use. Think of any issues a young adult, post-secondary student could be dealing with.
Why we’re different than any other teletherapy platform:
- There’s no case minimum. You get to pick how many hours you want to be available each week and have full control over your schedule.
- You get to set your fee. Whether you want to charge $80/hour or $200/hour, its your choice and you can change your fee every month.
- There’s no sign up or monthly costs, however if you want to take some time off we may have to charge you a small fee to cover the administrative costs to keep your account active.
- We only charge you 25% of your billables collected. You’ll never receive pressure from us if your client can’t pay for some reason. That 25% will give you a secure practice management account, administrative support to help process billing, and having us do marketing to bring you clients.
- We don’t have a non-compete. If you aren’t happy with us (though we’ll do everything we can to make you happy), you can leave and take your clients with you.
- We direct you to keep your client session notes off our platform. My Student Wellbeing exists to help facilitate the sessions between clients and therapists. We don’t need to know what your client is talking about, as you’re the service provider. This maximizes the privacy of the client and the security of their information.
Although you will be providing services virtually from your choice of secure location (it’s a given that sessions can’t be held in your favourite café, right?), we will give you opportunities to socialize with employees of My Student Wellbeing and other therapists so you can learn from each other and feel part of a community.
If you’re looking to supplement your income while changing the lives of young adults who are facing the many challenges of being a post-secondary student (remember how overwhelming it was at times?), then this is the job for you! We’re a new organization and you will be one of the first therapists to be onboarded during this exciting phase.
- Schedule appointments, conduct assessments, perform virtual clinical counseling services, and respond to client inquiries through My Student Wellbeing.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to your provision of services.
- Respond to clients’ requests for service as made through our online booking system. Respond to such requests by virtually meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such clients.
- Communicate with a client’s network as necessary while abiding by laws and professional standards.
- Timely complete written records for each client such which may include: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, and other forms or documents as needed. Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
- Create your own documents, such as an Informed Consent, pertaining to your provision of services as a private mental health therapist.
- Provide counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of My Student Wellbeing. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with staff of My Student Wellbeing.
- Utilize our secure system to proceed through the flow of a client, from scheduling to billing.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Align with My Student Wellbeing mission, vision, and values.
- Must be punctual in responding to case offers, attending appointments, completing notes, and scheduling follow up appointments.
- Master of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work, along with active, unrestricted registration with the Manitoba College of Social Workers is required or full membership with any of the following associations: The Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT), Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM)
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Confident in clinical counselling and ability to provide services independently.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
This position perfect for you if you:
- You remember the struggles of being a student and want to help young adults become the best versions of themselves.
- Embrace technology and can do basic troubleshooting if issues arise.
- Are interested in being part of a new organization where there may be bumps along the road, but your opinions and suggestions will be highly valued.
When applying, please indicate the job title in your email subject line, as well as indicating in the email or your cover letter your general availability and number of weekly hours you would be interested in working. Applications and questions can be addressed to email@example.com
Looking forward to your application!