Work From Home/On Campus Work
About My Student Wellbeing: Here at My Student Wellbeing, we believe in reducing the barriers to mental health services for post-secondary students through education and accessibility. We strive to contribute to a normalization of mental health services in society to allow every individual to feel comfortable seeking help when they need. We recognize how therapy can have a profound impact on someone’s life, leading to lifelong positive changes.
As a student you’re well acquainted with navigating the stressors, expectations, and unexpected events while juggling exams, socializing, and maybe holding a part time job. We want you to tap into your experiences to help us promote our services to students across Canada. We’re open to any ideas you have on how we can make our messaging, website, and/or services better. Your time with us will make a genuine impact in the lives of post-secondary students across Canada! We’re looking for someone who is first most passionate about mental health and the wellbeing of students.
Position Overview: My Student Wellbeing is seeking to hire a student on a casual basis at $14/hour to assist with marketing, content creation, and resource collection. Casual means we will offer you work and it will be up to you if you would like to do the work in any given week. Some weeks we may offer you 0 hours of work where others can go up to 10 (or even more), but you will get to choose how much you want to work. We will aim to offer you at least a few hours a week, but we can’t make any promises (depends what’s going on in any given month). We’re still a very new organization and figuring out what needs to get done to help us grow. This will be a great position for a student who is passionate about mental health and is excited about working with a new organization where the sky is the limit!
Duties/Responsibilities May Include:
- Create social media posts using Canva (Canva is super easy to use and we can teach you if you don’t have experience with it)
- Post social media content on our Instagram and other social media accounts
- Compile lists of organizations whom may be interested in collaborating with MSW;
- Brainstorm creative ways to promote MSW to students
- Attend campus to represent MSW during promotional campaigns
- Identify resources which would be valuable for students to know about for us to post online
- Determine content for newsletter and design newsletter
- Identify organizations for potential collaboration or sponsorship
- Other tasks as offered and assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Align with My Student Wellbeing mission, vision, and values.
- Active post-secondary student in Canada
- Studying marketing, social work, or psychology preferred (though we’ll consider any student with a passion and who has the potential to do well in this position
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Short cover letters are encouraged.
Looking forward to your application!